1/17/2015

Narrative  12

Successful fishing!

I remember as a teenager, one dinner time, my mother, all kindness, did a gentle caress on my back while I gulped down my meal. What a surprising expression of fondness from mom who usually was very distant and cold in all gestures of affection

But later what a surprise when right in the middle of a course a student sitting behind me loudly discovered… an April fool that Mom had stuck on my back!

I felt quite embarrassed and somewhat humiliated in front of the entire class.


I remember the smile and laughter she had when I confronted her, telling her that I guessed she was the one responsible for this public humiliation.

Of course, I forgave her in a split second my mother being as charming as mischievous…





No comments:

Post a Comment